Dr Nicola Taylor is the Director of Personalised Therapy.
She has a wealth of experience working for more than 10 years in mental health settings with individuals, couples, families, carers and groups. She can tailor her training to meet the needs of each individual she is working with. This is complimented by her training in humanistic theories (such as person-centred and transactional analysis), systemic, psychodynamic and cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT). Following her doctoral studies representing the calibre of expert standards achieved, Dr Nicola Taylor completed additional specialist training in CBT at the Institute of Psychiatry at the Maudsley, University of London. She is able to provide evidenced based practice recommended by National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) guidelines for common difficulties experienced such as anxiety and depression.
In addition to offering brief interventions, Dr Nicola Taylor is also able to offer longer term or open-ended psychological therapy. This can allow for personal development and growth as part of an on-going process through the support of the therapeutic relationship.
Dr Nicola Taylor is also skilled in coaching, providing consultations, assessments and workshops to organisations. She is listed on the BPS register of Expert Witnesses and has completed level 1-4 of the society’s workshops.
She has worked in the following NHS services delivering psychological therapy:
- Community mental health teams working with individuals experiencing complex, severe and enduring mental health difficulties
- In-patient settings working on acute and secure wards
- Primary care working with individuals experiencing mild to moderate anxiety and depression
- Specialist psychology outpatient departments providing brief-medium length psychological therapy including CBT
- Specialist psychotherapy departments providing longer term psychoanalytic psychotherapy and working systemically providing couple therapy and family therapy.
- Educational settings working with adolescents providing one-to-one and group therapy, providing support and consultations to parents and staff
Dr Nicola Taylor also has experience delivering CBT in the private sector and for government providers of evidence based Psychological Therapy. She currently works as a senior psychologist in an NHS Improving Access for Psychological Therapies (IAPT) service.